I hope to see you all tomorrow night at 7pm for our first meeting of the 2017-2018 Scouting year! It has been a nice and busy summer and I am looking to get the troop organized for the upcoming scouting season.
I have two major things planned for this meeting:
- Make sure we all are up-to-date on all requirements needed to complete any unfinished merit badges or rank requirements.
- Finalize the troop calendar for at least up-to the end of December… and hopefully for the entire year.
To accomplish these two objectives I will need something from everyone (both scouts and parents).
- Your scout handbooks and any materials you have been working on for rank advancements/merit badges
- Your calendars that have any important dates (like school closings/breaks, when is the new Star Wars movie coming out?..etc)
- Any ideas of trips, activities, or places to see that would be fun
- Your wants & wishes of what merit badges you would like us to work on this year (or willing to teach)
- A willingness to make this years scouting program awesome!
I have a pretty good list of awards and merit badges that everyone gave me over the summer and some great ideas of how to fit most of them into our calendar. I also have most of the dates of council and district events and youth & adult training sessions throughout the upcoming year.
Lets kick off this season with planning for a fun and productive year.
“If you fail to plan….you are planning to fail. -Benjamin Franklin”
p.s. There will be NO PLC tomorrow night.
Keith J. Wetzel